The Close Season….
Football is brilliant, tomorrow we get to find out when we play everyone twice, to further add to the excitement it’s the Milk Cup Draw. Yesterday was the longest day, Stonehenge is a long way to go to Share the love, with a load of posh campervan types, (essentially non fighting gypsies), but fear not….. tonight Matthew, the finest songwriter of our generation is playing an hour or so away from my gaff✅
Journey 1 vs Destination 0, (Chalmers, J, 54)
Whilst driving round town in summer has the advantage of looking at scantily clad women, (or men etc), the drive from my gaff to Halifax was stunning. Lots of positives, notably the scenery.
So all is good, weather mint, in my car but not driving as some idiot who used to dress up as a lion mascot is at the wheel, got a load of ale in the car, Manchesters Finest providing the tunes….
Bizarrely my 2nd ever football match was in 1980, (aged 9), and Halifax beat Man City 1-0 in a proper cup shock, tonight Noel was back to smash it⚽️✅
- Oasis were amazing
- Noel has penned songs that will, (ahem), Live Forever
- Whilst a comparison might be completely inappropriate….
- 3 weeks ago, I watched Liam absolutely smash it in front of 50’000…. a man right at the top of his game, the whole package, (atmosphere, vibe, sound, visuals….), was that of a, (ahem), Rock n Roll Star….
- Admittedly its not a direct comparison, but it’s a natural comparison as these 2 brothers were the mainstay of the best band since New Order, so for what it’s worth……
- Liam is bang on it….. he was sensational 3 weeks ago. Noel was miles away from that last night…. zero engagement……opinions etc etc…. but just not very good…. live music regardless of the genre can be as bad as it can good…..I’ve done the dad thing and bern to see all manner of shite, (1D, Little Mix, Vamps, CBeebies Live,), regardless of the genre theres good and bad gigs? Bag of shite last night Noel….
- Ultimately we all wish we were watching Oasis, sadly we won’t ever….. but I’d say Liam is 85% as good as Oasis, Liam is 37%
Hey Mr Tambourine Man…..
- Great song writer ✅
- Best songwriter of the previous generation was Bob Dylan✅
- I’ve watched Sir Robert of Zimmerman warble knocking on Heavens door✅
- I’ve watched Guns n’ Roses own the same song✅
- Lift music, wedding singer….. not for moi, (🇫🇷), to parlez, (🇫🇷), but….. c’mon you know…..
….. of 3, (2 of whom are idiots), but I can only offer my thoughts….. watched Liam 3 weeks ago, (left albeit exhausted…. completely exhilitated❤️), watched Noel last night, (left albiet relaxed…. early to beat the traffic💔)
- totally onboard that lots will disagree, but this close season, I’ve done Skylights, (a few times), Social Room, Liam, Charlatans, The Voyd…. all full of energy and put a show on….Noel was shite last night