After what has seemed like an age, (over three weeks to be fair), the Red and White Wizards of Wonderland, were back on home soil and primed and ready to excite the expectant 30’000 or so who had come to pay homage to them……Reviewing every game is a challenge….. home games are especially taxing, as more often than not my match day routine is well a bit routine. The unfortunate fact that a lot of our home games seem to be fairly predictable further complicates matters? With this in mind, I’ll keep the match review short(ish)……
Added bonus of drinking rather than driving is always a result, journey up fairly uneventful….
PENALTY TO SUNDERLAND…… 2-0……
Fucking hell Aiden……. just smash it!!
In the six months of SAFCBlog; my dominant message has been….
- Current ownership not my bag
- Jack Ross is the right man for the job
Game of opinions and as always a decent argument on either side? It would be naive to not acknowledge that Jack is under pressure? Plenty of reasons for this…. the pressure is massive, (and going to get more intense sooner rather than later). On one hand…….
- We ultimately failed last season, we need to be better this season? It’s feeling a bit familiar?
- We couldn’t keep a clean sheet last year……
- We struggled to put games to bed last year…..
On the other hand…….
- Jack deserves respect that he has earned, stupid questions in press conferences help no one
- Last night…… McGeady fluffed a penalty, We forgot to defend for their goal, Wyke missed a sitter, O’Nein missed an even bigger sitter? We should have won last night?
- Never Look Back………… we have a manager in place doing a ok/decent job? Sam, Super Kev, Keane is the past
Understandably SAFCBlog felt a bit deflated post match …… but positivity is the name of the game. There’s little doubt we are about to embark on a journey……. rollercoasters are shit, (like fireworks… what’s the point?)….. but SAFCBlog feels like it’s been waiting a while, but it’s nearing front of the queue to get on said rollercoaster? Dare to Dream? Too fucking right… Changes? No doubt…. Under Pressure? Inevitable…..Heroes? Oh yes, let’s do this, even if it’s just for one day…….
Game of opinions……. IN JACK SAFCBlog TRUSTS