Never been a huge fan of the term must win, but rightly or wrongly, the match had the feel of a must win game? Whilst SAFCBlog is committed to reviewing every game; it’s obviously harder to review home games, as most aspects of the day follow the same pattern? Much of the content relies on photos – my travelling companion has the job of taking said photos while I drive the car….. sadly yesterday he forgot, or at least until the excitement of seeing the sea…..
So with nothing to report from the journey, it’s game time……
Sunderland completely dominated the 1st half, for the 2nd time in a few days Max Power scored an absolute screamer from long range….
After looking like it wouldn’t be his day, having rattled the post and forced a great save from their keeper, Luke O’Nien made it 2-0 with a superbly taken goal.
We played some decent stuff, after years of being absolutely shite at corners; we’ve become quite good at them! Well worked goals at Burnley and Sheffield Utd were a welcome boost, once again our set pieces yesterday looked decent….
Corners…. so much better than they used to be?
The 1st half ends 2-0, news filters through that Liverpool have beaten Sheffield Utd 1-0, (with a shit goal not a Max Power worldie). Given Liverpool only beat MK Wimbledon’s 2-0 in midweek… we are on course to effectively be crowned champions of Europe?
Not as good as the 1st half.
Steady journey home…. highlight being a man stood on a roof
Lowlight of the journey was mobile speed cameras on a quiet A19 at 6.45pm hiding round bends.
Ultimately it was a well earned 3 points today? The pressure on the team and more so the manager cannot be underestimated….. yes, we lack a swagger and a bullishness to hammer teams…. but we are improving. I firmly believe if we can win the next few games, confidence will grow and the fear we show in tight games will disappear?
Loads of positives today….
- Luke is getting even better every week
- Full backs looked much better, with McLaughin actually looking good on the right side
- Lynch and Willis were immense
- Wyke had a great game again
- We are creating a lot more than we were last season, could have been 5-0 at half time
- We’ve become good at corners
- We have goals all over the pitch; this time last year we were yearning for the return of Watmore…. we still have McGeady and McNulty to come back
- Grigg has started to try – a goal would do him the world of good
Obviously negatives remain…..
- We need to kill teams off when we are so much in the ascendency? There is a fear on and off the pitch when we concede…. but a few wins and that will be sorted?
It’s no secret that SAFCBlog is a fan of Jack Ross. Whatever people’s opinions are of his suitability for the job; he handles himself with class. Who knows if it’s going to work out for him? But let’s stay classy
Lincoln up next, see you there
IN JACK SAFCBlog TRUSTS