It was tight on Friday, it was always going to be tight last night. Football means a lot to me, last night was just absolutely fucking brilliant….
I fancied us over 2 games, after 1 game I still fancied us. I was more nervous than I’d been since Portsmouth in 2019, I met a few Wednesday fans I know for a few cans on the wall by the big car park….. even 2 hours before kick off, it was obvious this was a big game…..
Ordinarily we’d have the whole of the Leppings Lane End, this time it was split, I’ve not, (to date), been in charge of a Category 1 Matchday Policing Operation, but the approach of not segregating coked up, pissed rival fans on the access areas to the ground was always unlikely to produce a pleasant environment?
- Always felt that keeping it tight for 20 minutes and keeping a cool head was the key, we were as comfortable as we were ever going to be?
- We didn’t control possession very well, but to be fair it was pretty frantic from both sides
- It was a hostile environment, I’m a huge advocate of the Beautiful Game, but I was an even bigger fan of the shithousery we employed 1st half
- The atmosphere after they scored was electric
- I always felt like we would score
- Football is an emotional game, the goal was one of those moments I’ll never ever forget, words cannot begin to describe it, so I’ll leave it there
- We deserved to win over 2 games
Til The End…..
9 of our last 20 goals have been scored in stoppage time⚽️
I’ll obviously write plenty over the next 10 days, but Shirley this time?, we’ve got discipline, quality, passion, we’ve lost our soft underbelly…. we all know what they offer, but as long as we handle the physicality and aerial bombardment, I’m confident, very confident. I’m sure Alex Neil might give his game plan some thought? But lets not give away daft free-kicks and unnecessary corners.
Just a great, great night Sunderland….. thankyou