After Tuesday nights victory, optimism for 3 points today was high. After watching a bit of rugby, (no idea what the rules are, but we seemed to be doing ok?), we departed for Shrewsbury at 10am. Sat Nav said 2 hours 40 minutes…. I guess that’s in non monsoon conditions? So a few things against us, it was nearer 4 hours……
Arrive in Shrewsbury, park up, have a wander….
With time not on our side, we head to the Fanzone, for a few pints. Whilst the band seemed to be giving it a go, they had the look of men who don’t see an awful lot of daylight.
Onto the match….
Half time 0-1
Full time 0-1
So, we lost the game; it was a really soft goal completely against the run of play – but we still had loads of time left to win the game. Unlike the hapless efforts at Peterborough, Lincoln and Wycombe – I thought we played ok today?
- We dominated possession
- We hit the woodwork 3 times
- Grigg was twice a bootlace away from scoring
- We had a few other good chances
- We have stopped the pointless long punt forward from our keeper
Whilst that’s all positive, there’s some obvious negatives
- Soft goal, (again)
- Shrewsbury are shit and we lost to them
- McGeady…. Why wasn’t he deployed wide? Loads of good breaks from Denver, (my man of the match), but he’s very one footed and once forced inside – the play was broken up, as they swarmed Aiden – hit the wings boys; it did well for us on Tuesday night?
- Phil; it’s either suit or sportswear? Suit trousers with PE Teacher coat just looks shit
Whilst I’m pissed off we lost to another poor team, I thought we looked ok today? 9 times out of 10 we win that game.
SAFCBlog is generally realistic that we are in a League 1, because we deserve to be. I’ve always said no one has a divine right to win games – but fucking hell; this league is depressing me. Fed up of going to shit grounds and losing – trips to Forest, Birmingham, Boro, Sheff Weds etc would be much nicer! Fed up of tinpot fans with drums – but…….it’s not where you’re from…. it’s where your at? Please let’s get promoted this season!?
Another shit away result, but we go again……plenty of post match positives as always….
IN PHIL WE TRUST